Got an Alexa device? You can stream us and listen to our station and podcasts while you’re getting dinner ready in the kitchen. Simply say, ‘Alexa, enable “ONE OH SIX FIVE JACK FM Skill…’ It’s a whole new way to listen to 106.5 JACK fm.
ENABLE the skill now to LISTEN LIVE!
More information …
WHAT IS AN ALEXA SKILL?
- Amazon’s voice service is called Alexa. Much like your phone has an “app”, your Amazon devices (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Tap, Echo Show, etc) have skills. Users interact with their Alexa enabled device via skills.
- Skills can be “default” – meaning they come pre-enabled on your Alexa device, or they can be “custom”. Custom skills are searchable in the Alexa Skills Store and offer a more robust feature set.
ARE CUSTOM ALEXA SKILLS FREE FOR ALEXA USERS?
Yes, custom Alexa skills are free for users to enable and interact with on their Alexa-enabled devices.
HOW DO I ENABLE THE CUSTOM ALEXA SKILL FOR Mix 94.1?
To enable, you have three ways to enable the 106.5 JACk fm skill:
- Search Amazon.com/skills for One Oh Six Five JACK fm skills and enable
- Open the Alexa companion app on your mobile device, search for the One Oh Six Five JACK fm skill and click enable.
- Say “Alexa, enable One Oh Six Five JACK fm skill”
ONCE MY SKILL IS ENABLED, HOW DO I USE IT?
- Simply say “Alexa, launch One Oh Six Five JACK fm”
- If you say “Alexa, play 106.5 JACK fm”, you will likely open the TuneIn skill. If you want the 106.5 JACK fm skill to open, giving you access to the live stream and more, make sure to say “Alexa, launch One Oh Six Five JACK fm”.
- Skills have sets of features/abilities that you can access simply by asking. Until you are familiar with a skill’s abilities, use Help or Options voice commands to hear what a skill can do. When you know what features are available, ask for your specific course of action.